Τα άσχημα της Αυστραλίας και επί παντός επιστητού

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
    To ενδιαφέρον από κοινωνιολογικής άποψης είναι ότι όλοι αυτοί που τσακώνονται στα μέρη τους (Έλληνες-Τούρκοι-Μακεδόνες κλπ) μόλις έρχονται αυστραλία αποδέχονται αμέσως ότι είναι βασικά πολύ παρόμοιοι και δέχονται αμέσως να μπούν κάτω απ'την ίδια ομπρέλα: WOGS! Φυσικά κρατάμε και κανα εθνικιστικό στερεότυπο αλλά μόνο για να έχουμε κάτι να βρίζουμε στους αγώνες ποδοσφαίρου.

Η Μελβούρνη φίλε έχει τη δυνατότητα να σου καταρρίψει ένα κάρο στερεότυπα. Μέχρι στιγμής έχω γνωρίσει τις εξής περσόνες:

Αμερικάνο σουβλατζή
    Πολλους πάμπλουτους Κινέζους
    Σούπερ μορφωμένο και φιλοσοφημένο Πακιστανό (συνάδερφος)
    Τον πιό κακοντυμένο Ιταλό που έχω δει ποτέ (ο μπαρμπέρης μου)
    Ψηλομύτη Ινδό φοιτητή με Πόρσε (έκανε πρακτική στην ετιαρία μου)
    Αφγανό γιατρό με εμφάνιση ταλιμπάν και διδακτορικό (ο παιδίατρος της γειτονιάς)
    Μακεδόνισσα γιάπισσα καριερίστρια (η μάνατζερ στην πρώτη μου δουλειά)

μαθαίνεις να μην ασχολείσαι με καταγωγές.
    Please do not call Skopiani "Macedonians. "

You have obviously not lived in Australia long enough, to understand the massive battle the Greek community has encountered with the Skopiani. The Skopiani in Australia are very strong, organised & aggressive. They hate us Greeks!!! Many times thay have vandalised Greek churches & Greek shops, & come to Greek events ready to fight. However due to the many years of political rallies & political lobbying by the Greek comminity since 1991, the Australian Government is one of the few countries in the world whereby they recognise skopia only as FYROM. So please repect our efforts in protecting our Greek heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nektar View Post
      Please do not call Skopiani "Macedonians. "

You have obviously not lived in Australia long enough, to understand the massive battle the Greek community has encountered with the Skopiani. The Skopiani in Australia are very strong, organised & aggressive. They hate us Greeks!!! Many times thay have vandalised Greek churches & Greek shops, & come to Greek events ready to fight. However due to the many years of political rallies & political lobbying by the Greek comminity since 1991, the Australian Government is one of the few countries in the world whereby they recognise skopia only as FYROM. So please repect our efforts in protecting our Greek heritage.

Comment

Edit: nevermind.

Comment

Συγνώμη που είμαι εκτός θέματος αλλα οχι και να θεωρούνται εθνικιστές όσοι αποκαλούν με το όνομα τους τους σκοπιανους.Εκεί φτάασαμε? Θεωρώ εντελώς απαράδεκτο να αποκαλούμε τους εσκεμμένα ανιστόριτους σκοπιανούς, Μακεδόνες.

Comment

In Greece I might be called an ethnikisti which apparently is "supposed to be bad." I was born in Australia
            from Greek parents & from the age of 6, I was spat on, called a dirty wog & punched in the face from Anglo Australians because I was a "foreigner". Therefore we Greeks always stuck together & defended our right to be proud Greeks. Up until the mid 1990's, the majority of ethnics in Australia were Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavs & Maltese. In the last 15 years Australia has changed alot with many Asians, Indians & muslims coming into the country. However, I can assure you that one day an Anglo Australian will call you a wog, either to your face or behind your back, which is very degrading (basically meaning filthy foreigner), because they are generally racist, & then you too will experience why you need to be an ethnikisti in a foreign land.

Skopjiani in Melbourne:

If You Want clearer version Email us: mak_tv@makmail.com24/5/2008 Melbourne, AustraliaMirniot Protest vo Melburn bese "SE-Makedonski", toa znači deka Makedon...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolas56 View Post
              Συγνώμη που είμαι εκτός θέματος αλλα οχι και να θεωρούνται εθνικιστές όσοι αποκαλούν με το όνομα τους τους σκοπιανους.Εκεί φτάασαμε? Θεωρώ εντελώς απαράδεκτο να αποκαλούμε τους εσκεμμένα ανιστόριτους σκοπιανούς, Μακεδόνες.
              In Greece I might be called an ethnikisti which apparently is "supposed to be bad." I was born in Australia
              from Greek parents & from the age of 6, I was spat on, called a dirty wog & punched in the face from Anglo Australians because I was a "foreigner". Therefore we Greeks always stuck together & defended our right to be proud Greeks. Up until the mid 1990's, the majority of ethnics in Australia were Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavs & Maltese. In the last 15 years Australia has changed alot with many Asians, Indians & muslims coming into the country. However, I can assure you that one day an Anglo Australian will call you a wog, either to your face or behind your back, which is very degrading (basically meaning filthy foreigner), because they are generally racist, & then you too will experience why you need to be an ethnikisti in a foreign land.
              Skopjiani in Melbourne:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij8zr...eature=related
              Πατριώτες, με την έννοια του όρου απο την ίδια πατρίδα:
              Εαν αρχίσουμε την συζήτηση για τέτοια θέματα, δεν θα καταλήξουμε πουθενά, αλλά και θα γεμίσουμε με post τα οποία δεν θα έχουν καμιά πληροφορία για τα μεταναστευτικά θέματα και θα είμαστε οχι μόνο εκτός topic αλλά και εκτός forum.
              Αυτό δεν σημαίνει οτι δεν είναι σοβαρά θέματα αυτά, απλώς όμως είναι άλλος ο σκοπός μας εδώ. Προσπαθούμε να δίνουμε πληροφορίες στους πατριώτες που ψάχνουν πως θα μεταναστεύσουν και θέματα γύρω απο την μετανάστευση.
              Σας παρακαλώ, όσο και να καίνε αυτά τα θέματα, να μην τα ξεκινήσουμε εδώ. Υπάρχουν άλλα forum στο internet που είναι αφιερωμένα σε αυτά και παρόμοια άλλα.

*Μεταφέρω και τα δυο στο Τα άσχημα της Αυστραλίας που έχει εξελιχθεί σε ενα γενικότερο τύπου θέμα.
              Υπομονή και επιμονή patriotes.

Comment

Greek Melbourne rally:

On 18/11/2007 over 40,000 Macedonians rallied for the historical truth of Macedonia. Enough with the lies, enough with the propaganda. Macedonia is, was, and...

Comment

Originally posted by demi View Post
                  Γράψτους όλους τους Έλληνες που σε κοιτάνε . Τόσα ξέρουν , τόσα λένε. .................................................. .ς.
                  While everyone is quick to judge the Greeks who came to Australia in the 1950's with their attitude & language has anyone thought about their circumstances when they left Greece? They were in 1000 times worst position than you guys are on this forum. In the 1950's Greece was in total ruins, the Germans destroyed everything & the civil war did irreversible damage. They came to Australia with no money, starving, no family, no education (very few went beyond dimotiko) & travelled 30 days by boat. They went anywhere & did anything for work under horrible conditions. In desert country towns with mavroi, diiging roads...anything...they were hard & toughened people who had alot of guts. When they were paid, most of their money went back to their family in Greece. For decades they sent money to Greece. When after many years they travelled back to Greece to see their families, the relatives treated them like crap & rejected them because the relatives in Greece thought they would come & lay claim to thier patrika spitia, ktimata etc. Almost every Greek in Australia has lived this scenario.The relatives in Greece also made sure the wills of their parents were changed before they died so that the Australian relatives don't receive anything. In Australia, we see Greeks as trying to take whatever they can from us...from the taxi driver, to the hotel manager to the taverna owner....we were open slather..."aftoi ehoun lefta" they would say, so let's steal from them. Is it any wonder that you are now viewed suspiciously. Even you guys don't trust each other in Greece.

You guys have degrees, education, some money, have never starved, cars, houses, experienced many holidays etc....and you still find it extremely difficult to move to another country, which is also willing to provide assistance such as centrelink, medicare etc. The Greeks of the 1950's had none of these luxuries.
                  So respect what they have gone through & achieved!!

I fear that many of you guys are coming with the wrong attitude & you will fail.

Comment

I fear that many of you guys are coming with the wrong attitude & you will fail.

Comment

While everyone is quick to judge the Greeks who came to Australia in the 1950's with their attitude & language has anyone thought about their circumstances when they left Greece? They were in 1000 times worst position than you guys are on this forum. In the 1950's Greece was in total ruins, the Germans destroyed everything & the civil war did irreversible damage. They came to Australia with no money, starving, no family, no education (very few went beyond dimotiko) & travelled 30 days by boat. They went anywhere & did anything for work under horrible conditions. In desert country towns with mavroi, diiging roads...anything...they were hard & toughened people who had alot of guts. When they were paid, most of their money went back to their family in Greece. For decades they sent money to Greece. When after many years they travelled back to Greece to see their families, the relatives treated them like crap & rejected them because the relatives in Greece thought they would come & lay claim to thier patrika spitia, ktimata etc. Almost every Greek in Australia has lived this scenario.The relatives in Greece also made sure the wills of their parents were changed before they died so that the Australian relatives don't receive anything. In Australia, we see Greeks as trying to take whatever they can from us...from the taxi driver, to the hotel manager to the taverna owner....we were open slather..."aftoi ehoun lefta" they would say, so let's steal from them. Is it any wonder that you are now viewed suspiciously. Even you guys don't trust each other in Greece.

You guys have degrees, education, some money, have never starved, cars, houses, experienced many holidays etc....and you still find it extremely difficult to move to another country, which is also willing to provide assistance such as centrelink, medicare etc. The Greeks of the 1950's had none of these luxuries.
                      So respect what they have gone through & achieved!!

φιλε νομιζω οτι παρεξηγησες!
                      εννοειται οτι σεβομαστε τον κοπο που εκαναν εκεινοι, πολλοι απο εμας ερχομαστε εκ του ασφαλους στην αυστραλια, καμια σχεση με εκεινους που τραβηξαν τοσα, ναι...

αυτο που λεμε ειναι ακριβως οτι επειδη εζησαν την μεταναστευση και μαλιστα χειροτερα και απο εμας θα επρεπε να μας καταλαβαινουν και να μη κρινουν. θα σου πω πως καποιος ελληνας 80 ετων μου ειπε γιατι ηρθες στην αυστραλια, η αυστραλια δεν ειναι καλη εχει μονο καγκουρο...και του λεω οχι εμενα μου αρεσει και απαντα α τωρα σου αρεσει που χρεοκοπησε η ελλαδα, ασε τωρα τι σου αρεσει, απο αναγκη ηρθες! και καποια αλλα ωραια μου ειπε επισης αλλα αναφερω μονο αυτο! αλλα ξεχασε πως εκεινος ηρθε ξενος εδω, εγω εχω γεννηθει εδω και ειμαι υπηκοος.

τεσπα, δεν ειναι ολοι οι ελληνες εδω ετσι και ουτε ολοι οι ελληνες απο ελλαδα το ιδιο.

α, και κατι τελευταιο, οι περισσοτεροι απο εμας εδω ειμαστε απο οικογενειες που ειχαν παει μεταναστες το 50 και τωρα το ξαναπερναμε για δευτερη φορα, οποτε δε θα πω οτι μας αξιζει διπλος σεβασμος αλλα αν μη τι αλλο καποιος σεβασμος και για εμας!
                      Diversification, innovation and adaptability are always the Keys to success...

Comment

Skopjiani in Melbourne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij8zr...eature=related
                        FYI Eθνικιστής is bad, it's basically greek for nazi. Or anyone who believes in superiority based on race or nation.

BTW Skopjie is a city not a country, so calling them all skopjiani is like them calling you Canberran even though you might be from Sydney or Melbourne.

And that video you posted doesnt look very intimidating, it's basically some kids and grannies with some flags. But if you look a little bit deeper on youtube you might find other videos, of what Greeks do to immigrants in Greece. And I'm not talking about illegal immigrants only, just anybody who looks dark. You can take your time and pick from this list of videos:

Subscribe to our channel http://bit.ly/AJSubscribeFor the many migrants who live in the centre of Athens, nightfall brings fear of violence.More immigrants a...

or you can just take my word, if you think you did it tough growing up in Australia trust me you wouldnt want to be an immigrant growing up in Athens. Wouldnt wish it on your worst enemy.

Lastly calling Australians "generally racist" is a massive stretch. Should I remind you that the current prime minister is an immigrant herself? Who came here with her redneck accent and her non religious beliefs, started from scratch and made it all the way to the top? Surely a racist nation wouldn't allow that to happen. Oh yes I forgot, she's anglo, she's from Wales, and we all know there is an international conspiracy between Australians and Welsh to help eachother. Ok, take John So then, a chinese teacher from Hong Kong and lord mayor of Melbourne, elected twice by the people. Another conspiracy? Dunno maybe the whole world is conspiring against Greeks only. But just for a minute, can you try and imagine an Albanian immigrant making it to PM in Greece? Not in a million years mate, not in a million years.

BTW I got my australian citizenship last year. A chinese family next to me came to the ceremony to be sworn aussie citizens in their red tshirts with a nice chinese flag on them. Nobody batted an eyelid. The mayor of Kingston, a Greek guy, was talking on behalf of the state and said it is precisely this kind of multiculturism that makes this country rich, and urged us to keep our language and traditions alive even though we are now Australian citizens. Not too bad for a spokesman of a "generally racist" state.

See this is where you got me awfully confused. First you complain about being discriminated against at school, but then you go ahead and mention "working with mavroi" as an indication of terrible conditions at work. Do you have something against blacks? To be honest, you're starting to sound a bit racist yourself.

Just honestly, how would you feel tomorrow if your kids choose to hang out with aboriginals?
                        Make love to them?
                        Marry them?
                        Not good huh...

I'm sorry about your bad experience in Greece, being taken advantage of etc. Truth be told, you are an outsider over there. And Greeks generally dont like outsiders or immigrants, Greeks tend to stick together and form tight communities like you mentioned. Maybe one who doesnt know them very well could go as far as to call them "generally racist". I understand your Greek is a bit rusty but if you lived over there you would know that Greeks use the words "gypsie" and "albanian" (Γύφτος και Αλβανός) as swearwords, as synonyms of bogan. You wouldnt want to be any of these two things growing up in Greece, life can be a bit tough.

I'm Greek, I grew up in Greece. I got called a number of things at school, I got spat on and beaten up, and I did the same to other kids.
                        We always found something to pick on eachother, it's just what we did as kids.

Comment

FYI Eθνικιστής is bad, it's basically greek... we did as kids.
                          Poltergeist εσενα αν η κορη σου σου εφερνε ενα μαυρο να παντρευτει τι θα κανες?

Comment

Θα της έβγαζα τα μαλλιά τρίχα τρίχα, θα την έβαζα να πει σαρανταέξι πατερημά, να πάει γονατιστή στην παναγία τη Σουμελά (ξεκινώντας από αυστραλία κολυμπώντας) και μετά θα την αποκλήρωνα. Τί να έκανα ρε Χάτζι, λες και θα με ρωτήσει;

Comment

xatzi8

xaxaxaxaax καλο!!..

Comment

FYI Eθνικιστής is bad, it's basically greek for nazi. Or anyone who believes in superiority based on race or nation............
                                File, of course I know about Skopje. The video is not meant to be intimidating, it shows the Skopjiano lobby group trying to reverse the Australian Government decision to recognise them only as FYROM & not Macedonia, just lke China, USA, Russia, Germany etc has recognised them as Macedonia. If we Greeks in Australia start calling Skopjiani as Macedonians then we might as well telll the Australian gov. to reverse their stance. Only the uneducated Greeks in Australia call Skopjiani, Macedonians. Also, for your information, I have seen 1st hand 50-70 year old skopjiani bashing 12 - 15 year old Greek kids with wooden bats at a soccer match between a greek team in Sydney (Sydney Olympic) & a skopjiano team from Melbourne (Preston).

As I previously stated Australia has changed very much in the last 15 years. Prior to this time there were very few asians, indians & mousoulmani. Yes a chinese immigrant is mayor of Melbourne. Walk around Melbourne & it is completely multicultural. This is not the case everywhere in Australia though. This was also not the case up until the mid 1990's.Yes, Julia Gillard is from Whales, but in Australia, if you are from Whales, Ireland, Scotland or England, then it is virtually the same thing. Her name is Gillard, not Gillardopoulos. I am trying to point out that racism still exists, but it is not as obvious. One day it will happen to you, it is just a matter of time. Believe me, many Greeks have been passed over for promotions etc, because of their ethnicity. Were you living in Australia in the 80's & 90's? If not then you are in no position to comment. I am talking about Australia, not what the Greeks are doing to immigrants in Greece or how the immigrants are treated in Greece.

We Greeks are viewed with a kalitero mati now, because the anglo's prefer us rather than the immigrants coming in now. Growing up, we were careful not to speak Greek in public where an anglo could hear us, whereas now you hear any language you want in the streets, depending of course which suburb you are in. It doesn't mean racism doesn't exist it, it is harder for bullying to occur now against ethnics as there are so many ethnics now in Australia.

With regards to the mavroi, the implication I made is that the Greeks took any "low" job, just like the mavroi could only get the "low" jobs. I feel for the aboriginals of Australia, they were almost completely wiped off their own land by the English & have never recovered.

I don't know why you feel the need to attack me. I pretty much just requested that you don't call skopjiani as Macedonians, give you advice that you need to be careful when dealing with Anglo Australians, as to your face they will be your best friend but will likely view you as beneath them, & gave you an insight into why the Greek Australians view Greeks from Greece suspiciously. From these me evgales a racist & virtually a liar as if I made things up, & because I support Greek intersets in Australia, a nazi lover. Are we not on the same team?

Comment

Working...
                                X