Department of Immigration and Border Protection

How do I get a skills assessment?

If you need a skills assessment as part of your visa application, you must contact a relevant assessing authority directly. The assessing authority will provide all the necessary applications forms and information about the assessment. A skills assessment is only valid until the expiry date specified on the assessment, or for a period of three years from the assessment's date of issue, whichever occurs first.

There will be a charge by the assessing authorities for the assessment.​​
​The following list includes all current assessing authorities and their contact details. You must contact these assessing authorities to get valid skills assessment.

All enquiries about getting new skills assessments for teaching occupations should be forwarded to the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL), formerly known as Teaching Australia (TA).