Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Συγχαρητήρια Προσλαμβάνεστε!

Η διαφορά προσλήψεων Αμερικής - Γερμανίας

"Applying for a job is different in America, of course. But although there are a few differences between the German and American way, there are more similarities.

I went to a job center (or career center) which you can find everywhere and attended some classes.
    One class was about writing a resume and the other one was about how to present yourself in an interview.
    They were free. I only had to prove that I was a resident.

Also in the US you have to shape your cover letter and resume so that they fit to the job you are applying for, and you should do your research about the company you are applying to, as well.

But here is the difference: In Germany I was used to attaching lots of documents to my resume in order to prove that I had all the degrees I mentioned in it. I also had to send testimonials or letters of recommendation of my previous employers which showed my area of expertise. The older I got the thicker the folder which I was supposed to send to the company became. I had to prove everything.

In the US you don’t send anything with your resume - just the cover letter.
    If you get invited to an interview and the people are seriously interested in you they will ask you for some contact names and phone numbers which they would call in order to get a better picture of you.

That was really weird for me. I had the luck that two companies invited me for an interview and both wanted to call my contacts in order to get more information about me.
    Luckily, in my last position in Germany, I had worked in an international department for a big company.
    All my colleagues and my boss are fluent in English.
    One American company really called them in Germany.
    The second American company decided to write emails to them.
    I think the thought of calling Germany intimidated them a little.

Anyway, this was all very exciting and strange to me. But, actually, I like this process much better, because applying for a job involves much less paperwork here".

Εμπειρία απο ενα ζευγάρι Γερμανών που έχουν κερδίσει την πράσινη κάρτα και ζούν στην Καλιφόρνια σχεδόν εδω και 6 χρόνια !
    Ενα Cupcake την ημέρα την ξενιτιά την κάνει πέρα!

Εξαρτάται απο τη δουλεια. Μερικοί κομπιουτεράδες πρεπει να παρέχουν απόδειξη πιστοποίησης για ορισμένα πράγματα. Για να δουλέψεις καθηγητής πανεπιστημίου πρεπει να στείλεις βιογραφικό, εισαγωγικό γράμμα, απόδειξη ότι έχεις διδάξει, τι πράγματα και τι λένε οι φοιτητές σου, καθώς και δείγματα δημοσιεύσεων.

Comment

Working...
    X