Τα άσχημα της Αυστραλίας και επί παντός επιστητού

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

In December 2005 in Sydney at a famous beach called Cronulla, which we regularly went to for a swim & for fun, was" leb & wog bashing day" by the Anglo Australians. If you looked like an ethnic you were lucky to get out alive. For the next couple of weeks the streets of all Sydney were very quiet as Lebanese Australians & anglos were retaliating with each other. It was bad. It was safer staying indoors.

The Cronulla riots of 2005 were a series of racially motivated mob confrontations which originated in and around Cronulla, a beachfront suburb of Sydney, New...

Skopjiani & Greeks at the football (Melbourne)

Not all clashes are recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMJk...eature=related (top news story, footage has been purposely manipulated)

Comment

Ok if thats the educated thing to do I'll call you Canberra. Let me know if you prefer Hobart

Originally posted by Nektar View Post
        The Cronulla riots of 2005 were a series of racially motivated mob confrontations which originated in and around Cronulla, a beachfront suburb of Sydney, New...

Skopjiani & Greeks at the football (Melbourne)

Not all clashes are recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iMJk...eature=related (top news story, footage has been purposely manipulated)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCtK...eature=related
        Incredible collection of bogans.
        Stay away from bogans, you'll be fine.

edit: Hey man don't take it personally, I'm just pulling your leg
        (sorry if I came across as bit of a dick)
        It's an interesting discussion and I think I know where our disagreement lies. I'm a bit busy right now (about to make galaktoboureko :D )but stay tuned, I'll expain myself a bit better later.
        Name's Spyro by the way.

Comment

man that galaktoboureko rocks

So Nektar here's what I think are our 2 key differences

1 you think Australia is racist, I dont. I think it's actually one of the least racist places in the world, up there with Scandinavia and Canada. Sure there are drunken bogans and soccer crowds with nothing better to do than pick a fight about something on the other side of the planet that they are actually clueless about. But these types exist in every country and are easy to avoid. Hell just rock up in Thessaloniki wearing an Athens team scarf and you'll be lucky if you can speak to tell the doctor what happened to you. Re people getting passed up on promotions because of race I just dont buy it. I currently work for a 30,000 employee coy and I get mandatory training twice a year to respect cultural diversity, it's actually on my friggin performance appraisal. Before that because I used to be a consultant and been around many workplaces I've seen countless mid/upper management people on >$100k pa who were born in India, Greece, Pakistan, Lebanon. They could get the job done so they got the job. Nothing personal, just business.

2 You think it's important for us to know that Australia used to be more racist 30 years ago and that some people or communities may be still be racist. I dont. You might think you are protecting me, but I think you're giving us baggage we dont need and a massive chip on our shoulder (remember there are people reading this forum who dont know australia from a bar of soap). I dont really care if some people are racist, and I couldnt care less if they like me or not, as long as they keep it to themselves. And they do, because the state has laws that make sure they do and the society stands behind the state, and those who dont like these laws achieve nothing but get themselves in trouble.

I'll give you this though: it is true I havent lived long term outside of Melbourne, which is probably the most multi-culti oz city. I dont know if I'd feel the same living in a northern tiny-ville or west sydney, although I've met people from such places and they were absolutely lovely. It'd be interesting to see what other people on this forum who went to such places have to say. But I doubt if anyone is reading this.

Comment

Το "man that galaktoboureko rocks" τι σημαίνει? Ότι έγινε πολύ καλό ή το έκαψες και έγινε σαν πέτρα?
            Ο Τολμών Νικά...Ονειρευτείτε, Σχεδιάστε, Πραγματοποιήστε!

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
              man that galaktoboureko rocks

So Nektar here's what I think are our 2 key differences................................
              No worries mate!! Everyone has different experiences in life & everyone has their own journey. I was just sharing abit of mine & my circle of friends. You think I have alterior motives or I'm making things up...whatever!!! Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by leyteris77 View Post
                Το "man that galaktoboureko rocks" τι σημαίνει? Ότι έγινε πολύ καλό ή το έκαψες και έγινε σαν πέτρα?
                Είναι όπως λέμε στην Ελλαδα πως "τα σπάει"= οτι ειναι πολύ καλό

Comment

Συλλήψεις 40 διαδηλωτών στο Συδνευ !

- Καλημέρα σε όλους.
                  Σήμερα διάβασα και είδα στα δελτία ειδήσεων οτι η αστυνομία συνέλλαβε 40 διαδηλωτές του κινήματος "καταλαμβάνουμε το Σύδνευ" και απομάκρυνε πολλούς άλλους που είχαν συγκεντρωθεί μπροστά από την Reserve Bank of Australia.
                  - Μην πιστέψει κανείς λοιπόν πως ακόμα και στο πιό απομακρυσμένο σημείο του πλανήτη αν πάει θα γλιτώσει από τις συνέπειες της Παγκοσμοιοποίησης που τώρα είναι η Παγκόσμια οικονομική ύφεση και σε λίγο καιρό ποιός ξέρει τί χειρότερο. Λυπάμε αλλά αυτή είναι η αλήθεια όσο κι αν δεν μας αρέσει... :( :( :(
                  http://parallhlografos.files.wordpre...t91.jpeg?w=918

Comment

Originally posted by lift View Post
                    το κακο ειναι οτι γινονται 100 ποστ για ελλαδα και 1 για αυστραλια
                    οποτε χανετε η ουσια του θεματος
                    τοτε να κανει αλλο θεμα ο συντονιστης που να λεει (συγκρινεται ελλαδα με αυστραλια)
                    Είναι κωμικοτραγικό να βλέπω την αγανάκτησή σου σχετικά... με τη "σχετικότητα" των posts στο θέμα "τα κακά της Αυστραλίας"... Απόδειξη ότι ο Έλληνας όπου και να πάει θα τα κάνει που...να άμα δεν βγάλει από πάνω του αυτή την άσχημη νοοτροπία που μας χαρακτηρίζει σα λαό...
                    καλό κουράγιο στο να υπενθυμίζεις πως αυτό το θέμα είναι για τα "Ασχημα της Αυστραλίας" και όχι της Ελλάδας...

Comment

Το παρακατω βιντεακι το παραθετω οχι για να δειξω τα ασχημα της Αυστραλιας, αλλα μαλλον για το αντιθετο... Μακαρι και στον τοπο μας να υπηρχε τετοια "brutality" αστυνομικων, οπως ονομαζεται το βιντεακι...

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Να'σαι σίγουρη ότι αν οι διαδηλωτές εκεί επεδείκνυαν την αγριότητα των ελλήνων διαδηλωτών (ή έστω μέρος των) τότε και εκείνοι θα απαντούσαν καταλλήλως. Καμιά άλλη αστυνομία στον κόσμο δεν γίνεται στόχος μολότωφ, πυροσβεστήρων, μαρμάρων..

Comment

Originally posted by panultimate View Post
                          Να'σαι σίγουρη ότι αν οι διαδηλωτές εκεί επεδείκνυαν την αγριότητα των ελλήνων διαδηλωτών (ή έστω μέρος των) τότε και εκείνοι θα απαντούσαν καταλλήλως. Καμιά άλλη αστυνομία στον κόσμο δεν γίνεται στόχος μολότωφ, πυροσβεστήρων, μαρμάρων..

Κατ' αρχην ο υποφαινομενος ειναι αντρας. Κατα δευτερον ποιος πολιτισμενος λαος διαδηλωνει με μολοτωφ, δακρυγονα και καταληψεις κτιριων. Μηπως τελικα εχουμε χασει το δικιο μας; Δε λεω για τωρα, τωρα πρεπει να κανουμε χειροτερα αλλα εδω και 10 χρονια ετσι διαδηλωνουμε....

Comment

Μα, συμφωνώ απόλυτα μαζί σου. Και συγγνώμη για το γένος!
                            Δεν υπάρχει άλλη αστυνομία στον κόσμο πιστεύω που να δέχεται σχεδόν καθημερινά επιθέσεις με τέτοια αγριότητα και επιθετικότητα από διαδηλωτές όπως η ελληνική. Επομένως, τα όποια φαινόμενα brutality και αστυνομικής βίας είναι αναπόφευκτα στην Μπανανία μας.

Comment

Δεν το θεωρω απαραιτητα "κακο" μιας και η κατασταση στην ελλαδα ειναι στα ιδια χαλια και χειροτερα εδω και πολλα χρονια, αλλα ειναι ενα ενδεικτικο αρθρο για τα εργασιακα στην χωρα των κοαλα!

by JOHN MCCARTHY, SAM KELTON

THE 38-hour week is dead, with 2 million Australians working more than 50 hours a week - and the mobile phone and our strong work ethic are to blame.

For months, Australians have been hearing how job hours have been slashed as companies trim their operations to cope with the economic crisis.

But hundreds of thousands still work the same unhealthy workloads that put Australia just behind Japan and South Korea for long work hours.

TELL US: How do you balance work and family life?

That's a far cry from a few decades ago, when Australia was criticised for poor work practices and accused by Singapore of being the "poor, white trash of Asia".

While many blame John Howard's Work Choices, others believe technology, job security fears and loss of wealth caused by the stockmarket collapse is more likely the cause of the extra workload.

Griffith University professor in social science Peter Brown said thousands of Australians will spend this weekend in the office either trying to make up for the 25 per cent drop in their retirement savings caused by the financial crisis or slaving away to avoid being sacked.

"The average work week is about 40 hours but that masks the real story of people working up to 100 hours and others working nothing," he said.

In the modern working world we have become far more flexible about where and when we work and open to using technology to work from anywhere, including at home.

Retail is also becoming a 24-hour business. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 60 per cent of families have at least one parent who works at least some time after 7pm.

Excluding part-time and casual workers, about 30 per cent of all employees work more than 50 hours a week, according to the Australian Council of Trade Unions.

Magill resident Josh Hill, 30, who works for DCM Systems supplying and installing irrigation equipment says: "Bloody oath, the 38-hour week is dead."

He said he worked 50 hours from Monday to Friday, then a few more hours on Saturday in the summer.

"Then comes the paperwork, it's crazy. Being contactable on the mobile has definitely changed things."

Eξαιρετικο ενδιαφερον εχουν τα σχολια των αναγνωστων του αρθρου,που θα τα βρειτε στο κατω μερος τησ σελιδας. Ισως περισοτερο ενδιαφερον και απο το ιδιο το αρθρο.

Σημειωση= πολλοι θεωρουν την (οχι τοσο σοβαρη οσο θελουν να την παρουσιασουν)οικονομικη κριση στα ασφαλιστικα ταμεια της Αυστραλιας, ως αποηχο της οικονομικης κρισης στην Ευρωπη, αρα αποτελεσμα της οικονομικης κρισης της Ελλαδας!!!
                              Προετοιμαστητε οσοι θα κατηφορισετε συντομα.

Comment

Originally posted by fondas View Post
                                Δεν το θεωρω απαραιτητα "κακο" μιας και η κατασταση στην ελλαδα ειναι στα ιδια χαλια και χειροτερα εδω και πολλα χρονια, αλλα ειναι ενα ενδεικτικο αρθρο για τα εργασιακα στην χωρα των κοαλα!............................
                                Αυτό το αρθρο ειίναι παλαιό (πριν 2 χρόνια) οταν ξέσπασε η παγκόσμια κρίση ( ....... caused by the financial crisis-;όπως λέει το κείμενο)... οπότε φαντάζομαι ότι είναι η έποχη που και η Αυστραλία περνούσε και αυτή της δυσκολίες της. ¨Απο τότε η Αυστραλία εχει ανακάψει. ¨Εχεις κάτι πρόσφατο?

Comment

Working...
                                X