07-11-2013, 10:29 #1
- Nov 2013
07-11-2013, 10:31 #2
- Nov 2013
Skilled Worker Visa
Skilled Worker Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
Applicants must obtain a minimum of 67 points from the selection grid, which includes, age up to 35 years old (12 max), work experience (15 max) language (28 max), education level (25 max), arranged employment (10 max) and adaptability (10 max).
The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). It will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream. CIC will accept 5,000 applications in total from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014, in the eligible occupations stream with at least one year of working experience.
- 0211 Engineering managers
- 1112 Financial and investment analysts
- 2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2134 Chemical engineers
- 2143 Mining engineers
- 2144 Geological engineers
- 2145 Petroleum engineers
- 2146 Aerospace engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
- 2154 Land surveyors
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
- 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- 3142 Physiotherapists
- 3143 Occupational Therapists
- 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
- 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
- 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- 3215 Medical radiation technologists
- 3216 Medical sonographers
- 3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified
2. Get the application package
- Get health certificate from a recognized doctor in your country
- Get a criminal and security check from police in your country
- Get language test results from one of the following:
ENGLISH (Minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB 7)
i. CELPIP Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program
ii. IELTS International English Language Testing System
FRENCH (Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC 7)
iii. TEF: Test d’évaluation de français
3. Prospective applicants with no Canadian education may start the process of getting an Education Credential Assessment (ECA) before May 4 if they are planning to submit a foreign educational credential. As of April 17, 2013, four organizations have been designated by the Minister to provide ECA reports for purposes of immigrating to Canada under the FSWP.
4. Pay application fees $550 per adult
5. Submit application
6. You must enter to Canada before the permanent resident visa expiration date, which is usually one year after you have completed the medical examination.
7. You need to bring settlement funds -ranging from $11,115 to $29,714 –one to seven people Proof of funds – Federal skilled workers
07-11-2013, 10:33 #3
- Nov 2013
Family Class Visa
Family Class Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to immigrate to Canada as a Sponsored Family
Both the person sponsoring a relative and the person wishing to immigrate to Canada must meet certain requirements.
Citizens or permanent residents of Canada (18 years of age or older) can sponsor
A) Their spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, or dependent children to come to Canada as permanent residents.
B) Other eligible relatives
Sponsors promise to support that person and their dependants financially. They have to meet certain income requirements
Depending on who you are sponsoring, the fees are:
- $75 for the sponsorship application
- $475 for the principal applicant
- $75 for the principal applicant, if under age 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship
- $150 for a dependent child of the principal applicant, under age 22 and not married or in a common-law relationship
- $550 for a dependant of the principal applicant who is 22 or older, or who is under 22 and married or in a common-law relationship
- $490 for the right of permanent residence fee, which is required before the status is granted. If you do not include the $490 right of permanent residence fee when you submit your sponsorship application, you will be asked to provide it just before your relative’s visa is issued. This fee is the only fee that you do not need to include when you send in your sponsorship application.
3. Sponsored relatives:
Applicants for permanent residence must go through medical, criminal and background checks
Submit your application
4. Super Visa
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa – which is valid for up to 10 years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.
4.2 Application Package
4.3 Applicants might need a medical exam to be allowed to enter Canada
4.4 Should provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold;
4.5 Should prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
4.6 Application Fees
4.7 The fee per person is $150 for a multiple entry visa, $75 for a single entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry).
4.8 Submit application
07-11-2013, 10:34 #4
- Nov 2013
Provincial Nominee Visa
Provincial Nominee Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to immigrate to Canada as a Provincial Nominee
Applicants must be:
A) Currently working in the province (international students and temporary foreign workers) or having a permanent and full-time job offer
B) Skilled and semiskilled workers overseas
NOTE: Refugee claimants or refused refugee claimants living in Canada are not eligible to apply to the MPNP
2. Get provincial application
Some provinces provide online applications and some provinces require to download and print your applications.
For those already working in the province, documents from employers are required.
3. Settlement Funds
Usually, applicants should have C$10,000 plus C$2,000 for spouse and each accompanying dependant.
Applicants must submit results of an approved language test to demonstrate their English proficiency.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program | Alberta Canada - Alberta, Canada
Welcome BC - WelcomeBC Start Here
Apply to Immigrate | Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
Industry, Tourism and Investment - Business and Economic Development - Economic Development Officers
Nova Scotia Nominee Program | Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Provincial Nominee Program: Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
Saskatchewan Immigration - Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) - Immigration - Government of Yukon
07-11-2013, 10:36 #5
- Nov 2013
Canadian Experience Class Visa
How to immigrate to Canada as a Canadian Experience Class
- If you are a Temporary Foreign Worker or a Foreign Student, and
- Have at least 12 months of (managerial, professional and technical) work experience in Canada
2. Get Application Package
Include: Passport, Language Proof, copy of recent work permit, letters of reference, civil status documents, police certificate, children’s information (if applicable)
3. Pay fees
$550.00 per person
4. Submit your application
07-11-2013, 10:38 #6
- Nov 2013
Live-in Caregiver Visa
Live-in Caregiver Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to immigrate to Canada as a Live-in Caregiver
To hire a live-in caregiver, you must:
- have made a sufficient effort to first fill your position with a Canadian, a permanent resident or a foreign worker already in Canada;
- have sufficient income to pay a live-in caregiver;
- provide acceptable accommodation in your home;
- make a job offer that has primary caregiving duties for a child or an elderly or disabled person (a job offer with the primary duties of a housecleaner, for example, is not acceptable under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP), but could be appropriate under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program); and
- submit an application for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) with the employment contract to Human Resources and Skills Development Canada/Service Canada (HRSDC/SC).
Caregivers will be carefully screened by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) visa officer before they enter Canada.
- the successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school
- at least six months of full-time classroom training or at least one year of work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation within the last three years, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer
- the ability to speak, read and understand English or French, so that they can function on their own in an unsupervised setting
- the passing of medical, security and criminal clearances
- the signed written employment contract with an employer in Canada
The employment contract must demonstrate that the LCP requirements are met by including a description of:
- mandatory employer-paid benefits, including:
- transportation to Canada from the live-in caregiver’s country of permanent residence or the country of habitual residence to the location of work in Canada
- medical insurance coverage provided from the date of the live-in caregiver’s arrival until he or she is eligible for provincial health insurance
- workplace safety insurance coverage for the duration of employment
- all recruitment fees, including any amount payable to a third-party recruiter or agents hired by the employer that would otherwise have been charged to the live in caregiver
- job duties
- hours of work
- accommodation arrangements (including room and board)
- holiday and sick leave entitlements
- termination and resignation terms
Determine your eligibility—Hiring a live-in caregiver
A contract template along with a guide for completion is provided below. Your contract does not have to look exactly like this, but it must contain all the information and clauses indicated as mandatory.
The use of an alternate format for the contract may delay the processing of the LMO application asHRSDC and SC officers will need to determine if the contract complies with LCP requirements and contains all mandatory clauses.
- Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP): Contract Template
- Guide for Completion of Employment Contract Template
The contract template is different for the province of Quebec and is available on the ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (Quebec Immigration) website.
You may be asked to show that you can provide the wages, benefits and working conditions required by provincial or territorial labour laws.
07-11-2013, 10:39 #7
- Nov 2013
Temporary Foreign Worker Visa
Temporary Foreign Worker Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to immigrate to Canada as a Temporary Foreign Worker
- To hire a temporary foreign worker, employers have made a sufficient effort to first fill your position with a Canadian, a permanent resident or a foreign worker already in Canada;
- Some jobs require a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) some do not.
- The worker needs to apply for a Work Permit, including a copy of the LMO if applicable
- The employer is responsible for arranging the employee’s Worker’s Compensation benefits and medical coverage, verifying that the employee has a Social Insurance Number, and ensuring that the conditions and time limits on the work permit are respected.
Fact Sheet — Temporary Foreign Worker Program
07-11-2013, 10:41 #8
- Nov 2013
Refugee | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to immigrate to Canada as a Refugee
A) Refugee status from inside Canada
Officers receiving your refugee claim will decide whether it is eligible for referral to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), an independent administrative tribunal that makes decisions on immigration and refugee matters. The IRB decides who is a Convention refugee or a person in need of protection.
Apply at port of entry or at a CIC office, officers will review your claim and may refer it to the Immigration Refugee Board.
Get the application package
Appear for a hearing
2. Refugee status from outside Canada
Privately Sponsored Refugee
Convention Refugees Abroad and members of the Country of Asylum whose resettlement in Canada is supported by groups of individuals or organizations in Canada.
Government Assisted Refugee
The Canadian government provides accepted refugees with essential services through funding to Service Provider Organizations (SPOs) and also provides financial support through the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP). The financial assistance is provided for up to one year from the date of arrival in Canada, or until you are able to support yourself, whichever happens first.
As self-supporting refugees, you and your family must have enough money for basic necessities (e.g., lodging, food, shelter, clothing, etc.) once you arrive in Canada.
The documents required vary from country to country
Submit your application
Mail your completed application in a stamped envelope to the visa office that serves the geographic area where you reside
A person accepted for immigration to Canada may be eligible for financial assistance through one or more of the following loan programs:
to cover the expense of travel to Canada.
to cover the costs of medical expenses related to your medical exams.
to help disadvantaged newcomers cover expenses such as housing rental, telephone deposits or work tools.
If you are given an immigrant loan, you will be required to pay the loan back in monthly payment once you arrive in Canada.
07-11-2013, 10:42 #9
- Nov 2013
International Student Visa
International Student Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to immigrate to Canada as an International Student
Being accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
- tuition fees
- living expenses
- return transportation
You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
2. Get application package online or at your nearest visa application centre (where you will submit it later). Depending on your country, you may need a temporary resident visa as well.
3. Application fees
There is a fee of $125 per applicant. If you are in Canada, you can pay your fee online or in a financial institution. If you are not in Canada, you can pay online or in a Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.
07-11-2013, 10:43 #10
- Nov 2013
Visitor Visa | CanadaImmigrants.com
How to get a Canadian Visitor Visa
To visit Canada, a visa is needed for people from the following countries:
Afghanistan Albania Algeria Angola Argentina Armenia
Azerbaijan Bahrain Bangladesh Belarus Belize Benin
Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia-Herzegovina Botswana Brazil
Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burma (Myanmar) Burundi
Cambodia Cameron, Republic of Cape Verde Central African Republic
Chad Chile China, People’s Republic of Colombia Comoros
Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Costa Rica, Republic of
Cuba Czech Republic Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic
East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea Ethiopia Fiji Gabon Gambia Georgia
Ghana Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau
Guyana Haiti Honduras India Indonesia Iran
Iraq Israel - holders of valid Israeli “Travel Document in lieu of National Passport”
Ivory Coast Jamaica Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati
Korea, North Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Lebanon
Lesotho Liberia Libya Lithuania - holders of non-biometric passports only
Macao Special Administrative Region Macedonia Madagascar
Malawi Malaysia Maldives Islands Mali Marshall Islands
Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia, Fed. States Moldova
Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Namibia
Nauru Nepal Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Oman
Pakistan Palau Palestinian Authority Panama Paraguay
Peru Philippines Poland - holders of non-biometric passports only
Qatar Romania Russia Rwanda Sao Tomé e Principe
Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of Senegal Serbia Seychelles
Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa South Sudan Sri Lanka
St. Lucia St. Vincent and the Grenadines (St. Vincent) Sudan
Surinam Swaziland Syria
Taiwan - without an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes their personal identification
Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine
United Arab Emirates Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu
Venezuela Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Visitors need the following:
- have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
- be in good health;
- satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home, financial assets and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;
- satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit; and
- have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
- You may also need a medical exam and a letter of invitation
2. Application Package
Apply online or through a paper application
The application fee per person is $150 for a multiple entry visa, $75 for a single entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry).
4. Submit your application
Online or at your nearest Visa Application Centre
Apply–Visit Canada as a tourist
Countries and territories where visas are required
Από patousis in forum Διάφορα Θέματα / Αρχείο παλαιών θεμάτωνΑπαντήσεις: 14Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 11-08-2016, 04:47
Από Τάσος Αγαπάει AU in forum Μετανάστευση στον ΚαναδάΑπαντήσεις: 3Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 30-01-2015, 01:26
Από patousis in forum Διάφορα Θέματα / Αρχείο παλαιών θεμάτωνΑπαντήσεις: 9Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 13-05-2014, 02:42
Από claus in forum Μετανάστευση στον ΚαναδάΑπαντήσεις: 22Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 14-01-2014, 07:03
Από peterpancanfly in forum Η Ζωή στο εξωτερικόΑπαντήσεις: 6Τελευταίο Μήνυμα: 24-01-2013, 21:55